Race day is upon us and it’s time to break out the Juleps. This year Basil Hayden’s partnered with Joy Perrine, a top Louisville mixologist to create a delicious twist on the classic mint julep – Basil Hayden’s Triple Crown Julep. Basil Hayden’s super premium bourbon is the perfect bourbon for Derby day because its mild proof and spiciness allow for it to be loved by both bourbon drinkers and non bourbon drinkers alike! The flavors are bright and refreshing, perfect for beating back the heat without having to wear a ridiculous hat!
4 parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
4 chopped Strawberries
10 Kentucky Colonel or Spearmint Leaves
4 Lemon Wedges
1 part Water
2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
1. Muddle brown sugar and water in pint glass until sugar dissolves.
2. Add chopped strawberries, lemon wedges and mint leaves and muddle well.
3. Add Basil Hayden’s and shake.
4. Add ice and shake once again.
5. Strain cocktail over crushed ice and garnish with a mint sprig and strawberry.