Basil Hayden’s has partnered with renowned Las Vegas mixologist, Patricia Richards, to create the ultimate bourbon based cocktail, the Basil Hayden’s Bacon Sour. This cocktail combines Basil Hayden’s warm and spicy bourbon with a homemade bacon infused liqueur and lemon juice for the ultimate bourbon-bacon cocktail.
Basil Hayden’s Bacon Sour
1 ¼ Parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
1 Part St-Germain® Liqueur Infused with Applewood Smoked Bacon (recipe below)
1 Part Freshly Squeezed and Strained Lemon Juice
1/2 Part Diluted Maple Syrup (1:1 ratio of Vermont Grade A Medium Amber Syrup to water)
1 dash Peychaud’s® Bitters
1/4 part Pasteurized Egg White
1. Combine bourbon, bacon-infused St-Germain®, lemon juice, diluted maple syrup, bitters
and egg white into a mixing glass and shake vigorously with ice.
2. Strain over fresh ice into a double-old fashioned glass.
3. Garnish with an orange slice and a piece of the St-Germain® infused Applewood smoked bacon.
Bacon Infused St-Germain
9 Thick Slices of Applewood Smoked Bacon
2 750 ml bottle of St-Germain® Liqueur
1. Cook bacon in the oven until it is crispy on the outsides but still chewy in the center.
2. Place bacon on paper towel to remove some of the rendering.
3. Place cooked bacon in a glass jar with two 750 ml bottles of St-Germain® and allow it to infuse for 24
hours at room temperature.
4. Remove bacon.
5. Place liqueur in the freezer so renderings congeal and you can remove them.
6. Strain through a fine mesh strainer and cheese cloth to remove as much rendering as possible.
7. Repeat freezer step if needed and strain again.
8. Refrigerate until ready for use.