Are you a fan of the whiskey sour? Are you a fan of amaretto? If you are, then I would recommend giving the stiletto a try! This cocktail is smooth, sweet, punchy, and oddly refreshing. The combination of blended whisky, Disaronno, and the fresh lemon mix very well. The subtle nuances of the various flavors complement each other perfectly. For the blended whiskey I would recommend Canadian Club Sherry Cask. The smooth natural sweetness of the Sherry Cask adds that extra layer of flavor, and pairs well with the amaretto.
- 1 1/2 ounces blended whiskey (Canadian Club Sherry Cask)
- 1 ounce of amaretto (Disaronno)
- two wedges of lemon
- lemon twist for garnish
- Add the whiskey and amaretto to a cocktail shaker
- Squeeze in the two lemons
- pour into a rocks glass with ice
- And garnish with the twist
There you have it, a cool refreshing drink for the Summer heat! Drink well my friends!
-Jake (Your Five-Diamond Bartender)