Welcome back to Jake’s mixology madness! Today I will share with you a beverage that I created a couple of days ago for a guest who was looking for something 100% original. This cocktail utilizes one of my favorite flavored vodkas, the Effen cucumber. Effen, which is a dutch word meaning “smooth,” is a premium vodka company from Holland. They are best known for their black cherry flavor; however, the cucumber is steadily increasing in popularity. I would also suggest trying the Effen cucumber in a mojito, or even a bloody mary. This cocktail is called the Neon Cucmber, and it goes out to my new friends Travis and Lindsay (thanks for coming up with the name!). OK, now lets make this Effen cocktail! You will need:
- 1 1/2 ounces of Effen cucmber vodka
- 1/2 ounce of Midori melon liqueur
- 1/2 ounce of simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce of lemon juice
- club soda to fill
- Pour the vodka, midori, syrup, and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake with passion!
- strain into a chilled martini glass
- add the club soda (roughly an ounce, or to taste)
There you go, another beverage with a funky color that will probably appeal to children. Drink well you Effen lushes!!!