Knob Creek Bourbon Taps Into Flavor with Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon
World’s #1 Selling Super-Premium Bourbon Introduces First-Ever Flavor Innovation Inspired by Original Innovator Booker Noe
Clermont, KY (September 24, 2013) – This fall, Knob Creek Bourbon is adding to its award-winning portfolio with the introduction of the brand’s first ever flavor-innovation, Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon. Created in honor of Knob Creek Bourbon founder Booker Noe, this new expression is made using the big, full flavor of Knob Creek Bourbon along with hints of maple and a touch of smoke to create a truly unique flavor expression that lives up to Booker’s traditions and the Knob Creek name.
“Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon is inspired by my dad’s passion for innovation,” said Fred Noe, seventh-generation Beam Master Distiller and 2013 Bourbon Hall of Fame Inductee. “In addition to his love for crafting and distilling quality bourbon, he also enjoyed smoking meats in the smokehouse at his home and even crafting his own maple syrup from the sugar maples on the family property in Bardstown. Smoked Maple brings these three flavors of smoke, maple and bourbon together to honor Booker’s legacy and his quest for big flavor.”
Bottled at 90-proof, Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon is best enjoyed neat, or with an ice cube or two. It also makes an excellent after dinner drink for those who prefer to sip and savor a nice whiskey with dessert. But in the words of Booker Noe, “drink it any damn way you please.”
Building off of its two-year partnership with Chef Michael Symon – who helped launch Knob Creek Rye in 2012 – Knob Creek Bourbon is showcasing that the big, full flavor of Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon translates just as perfectly on your plate as it does in the glass. Chef Symon created two one-of-a-kind recipes that bring to life the full flavor of the new expression:
Knob Creek Smoked Maple Glazed Ham
Created by Michael Symon
Recipe Serves 8-10
10-12 pound, Bone-In, Fully Cooked Ham
1 C Water
2 C Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon
¼ C Dijon Mustard
1 ½ C Brown Sugar
½ C Honey
½ C Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Cinnamon Stick
Juice of 1 Orange
½ tsp. Salt
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Place ham in a roasting pan, adding 1 cup of water to the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil and place in the oven to warm through, about 2 hours. (begin making glaze)
3. After about 2 hours, your ham should be warmed through. Remove it from the oven and remove the foil.
4. Turn the oven up to 375 degrees.
5. Pour the glaze over the ham and place ham back in the oven, uncovered, for another 10-15 minutes, until the glaze becomes sticky on the outside of the ham and starts to caramelize.
6. Remove from the oven, slice and enjoy.
1. Heat a large heavy bottomed saucepot over medium heat and combine the Knob
Creek Smoked Maple, mustard, brown sugar, honey, cider vinegar and cinnamon
2. As the mixture comes to a gentle boil, whisk to dissolve the sugars.
3. Lower the heat to medium low, and continue to cook and reduce liquid. Whisk the mixture occasionally until it begins to thicken, about 30 minutes.
4. After about 20 minutes, the mixture will begin to look like a glaze and the bubbles will slow down and appear smaller.
5. Remove from heat and finish the glaze with the juice of 1 orange and ½ tsp. salt.
6. Remove the cinnamon stick then set aside.
Pinch of Raw Sugar
3 Dashes Bitters
1 ½ parts Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon
1 part Calvados Boulard Apple Brandy
1. Drop a pinch of raw sugar, orange peel, and 3 dashes bitters into a rocks glass and muddle.
2. Add Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon and Calvados Boulard Apple Brandy and stir with ice.
Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon will be available nationally starting in September 2013 at $30.99 for a 750ml bottle. For more information about Knob Creek, visitwww.KnobCreek.com or www.facebook.com/KnobCreek.
Michael Symon is an award-winning chef, restaurateur, television personality and author who cooks with soul, creating bold, deeply satisfying dishes at his various restaurants across America. The Cleveland native shares his exuberant, approachable cooking style and infectious laugh with television viewers as an Iron Chef on the Food Network, ABC’s The Chew and the Cooking Channel’s Symon’s Suppers.
About Knob Creek® Bourbon
Knob Creek® Bourbon has been handcrafting extraordinary full flavored bourbon with intriguing taste and bottled in unique flask shaped packaging for over 20 years, which has helped make it the #1 selling Super-Premium bourbon in the world. Aged for a full 9 years in new, charred American Oak barrels and bottled at an honest 100 proof, Knob Creek® Bourbon upholds the standard for what great bourbon ought to be with its big, full signature flavor. Launched in early 1992, at a time when the terms “craft” and “super-premium” bourbon didn’t exist, Knob Creek® Bourbon is named after the small town in Kentucky where President Abraham Lincoln was born. In recent years, Knob Creek has expanded its portfolio releasing Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve (120 proof / 60% alcohol by volume) in 2011 and Knob Creek Rye (100 proof / 50% alcohol by volume) in 2012. For more information on Knob Creek, visit www.knobcreek.com.